Each New Year, you should set resolutions and look forward to implementing improvements within your shop. The first step to success is to set aside time to evaluate each area of your shop, taking note of what might be holding you back.
Since the automotive industry continuously grows with new technologies and rapid advancements, it’s important to have the right goals in place so your shop can be ready for anything. By properly setting up your marketing and financial planning, you can be on top of any local or industry related changes.
Think big … but be reasonable. When you’re setting your new annual objectives, you might find it easier to start small. Zero in on the little things like staffing, an organizational issue or maybe you want more free time?
Your short-term goals might look like:
- Ensure your team is well-trained and performing at their highest levels
- Gain incremental hours of free time over a 3-month period
- Reassess your key performance indicators on a weekly basis to help you catch any “holes” in your operations or in your finances
Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed by your long-term goals. Putting too much energy into long-term goals can lead to long-term stress. Consider setting a time where you can track your monthly progress. Examples of long-term goals include:
- Implement a marketing plan that gets you X amount of 5-star ratings and reviews in 3 months
- Increase your sales by a specific amount in the first 4 months
- Raise your minimum of billable hours by 25%
- Double the amount of your average repair order
All of the above goals reflect the results of Management Success workshops and training in shops across the U.S. and Canada.
If you want to make 2017 a productive and profitable year for your shop, sign up for the upcoming webinar Setting Goals for the New Year:
Wed, Jan 11, 2017 3:00 PM – 3:35 PM PST https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3719229301898544386
Wed, Jan 11, 2017 5:00 PM – 5:35 PM PST https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7349412076536142850